Everyday Aspergers Call for Submissions for Book Cover (2nd edition)
Spectrum Suite LLC and Your Stories Matter Publishing company are hosting a Call for Submissions for the book cover design of the second edition of Everyday Aspergers.
The selected artist will receive:
A payment of $200.00 (U.S. dollars).
Two copies of the soft back book Everyday Aspergers.
A 1/2 page write up about the artist in the book Everyday Aspergers.
Promotion of artist through worldwide circulation of book, author appearances and workshops, interviews, Spectrum Suite LLC, Your Stories Matter, and social media.
Your Stories Matter publishing staff, in collaboration with Samantha Craft (aka Marcelle Ciampi), will select the artwork for the book cover. The first edition book cover design and book information can be found here. The publisher reserves the right to keep the original cover design or choose a cover design that is not a part of the Call for Submissions process.
Submission Guidelines and Information
- There are no fees to submit a cover design and no fees if a cover design is selected.
- The Call for Submission is open worldwide, to all ages.
- 1 or 2 submissions per person only.
- Artwork must be completely original, not copied or borrowed in any form, either in entirety or part. Not used in other publications. Artist must own all rights to the image. Artwork must be original design and not a rendering of another artist’s work.
- The cover design can be previous art work or new art work.
- Image will cover entire book cover. Starting at right hand side of front cover, moving to middle spine and finishing on left hand side, on the back cover. See image.
- Suggested colors for the art work are blue/green and soft tones.
- Suggested medium is watercolor or acrylic paint. Mixed media will be considered.
- Suggested realistic painting that allows for empty space.
- Suggested theme incorporates one or more butterflies, with or without a cage, woman, spectacles, masks, flowers, or similar symbolism. The cover design does not need to resemble the previous cover. Something new is encouraged.
- The purpose of the new cover design is to launch the second edition of Everyday Aspergers with a more creative and artistic feel.
- Special consideration will be given to artists who identify with being on the autism spectrum.
- If selected, the artist will be asked to send a high resolution photograph or computer scan of the artwork.
- Initial submission can be a lower resolution image.
- For visionary purposes, artists can include the book title and author’s name on the design, but this is not required nor needed. Titling on the submitted artwork is optional and will not affect the final decision on chosen artwork.
- For art schools, with several submissions, please submit all images in one email.
Overview of Butterfly Imagery: In the book Everyday Aspergers the butterfly represents the transition of the spirit from innocent to awoken and encompasses the pain of trying to find one’s place in the world. The butterfly represents the author’s complex and unique view of the world.
Please include the following with a submission:
- First and Last name
- Phone number
- If on the autism spectrum (optional)
- Link to artist page (optional)
- Quality image(s) of the artwork, as an attachment
Submission deadline is midnight December 1, 2017 (London, England)
Announcement of cover design selection at Spectrum Suite website by December 31, 2017.
If selected, artist will be notified through email.
Email submission to email@example.com
For specific submission questions contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the top entry will be notified through email. All submissions remain the property of the artist and will not be used in any way, without explicit permission from the artist. Any information provided, including email addresses, will remain private.
A couple examples of artists’ works that resonate with project
Kim Novak (butterfly)